Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 1, 2016

Mom, I have terribly awesome news... I'M PREGNANT! I will start training for a new baby boy tomorrow and I am super excited. I am in my old area San Miguel waiting with my old companion because he is going to train too.. I am m super excited and I hope it will be really fun. Only gringos are coming so I have to teach Spanish too. It should be pretty fun but lets not jump the gun. Training was the only thing I wanted to do in the mission if I am to be honest. It just looks fun because you can shape the entire outlook on what the new Elder is gonna think of the mission. So I am just waiting here in San Miguel with my AWESOME, old companion.

I had a super spiritual experience with our Second Counselor, he is Filipino and he speaks English. He wants to come to Utah when I am home so that's way cool. So anyways, this 2nd counselor looks me in the eyes and asks me what kind of missionary I was? I was humbled and shaken by the answer that came to my head and the feelings of my heart, I don't want to feel them again.

He sent me a poem that helped him out on the mission and to be honest it is helping me too, I love it. It goes like this:

Father, Where Shall I Work Today?


Father, where shall I work today?
And my love flowed warm and free.
Then He pointed out a tiny spot
And said, “Tend that for me.”
I answered quickly, “Oh no; not that!
Why, no one would ever see,
No matter how well my work was done;
Not that little place for me.”
And the word He spoke, it was not stern;
He answered me tenderly:
“Ah, little one, search that heart of thine.
Art thou working for them or for me?
Nazareth was a little place,
And so was Galilee.”
--Meade McGuire


To the Son of God it wasn't important the size of His recognition. It wasn't important how many people saw the miracles He was performing. He was COMPLETELY CONTENT WITH DOING HIS FATHERS WILL. I have learned a lot so far and I LOVE THE MISSION. I can finish one day and be so proud of myself and so humbled by what more there is to learn. I love it and I love you guys. I hope you're all doing well and if you need anything, don't ask a friend, ask God.

This is where I live, it looks pretty much like this on the inside too!

No comments:

Post a Comment