Monday, June 26, 2017

May 29, 2017

I'm 20....

Well, I literally had one of the best birthdays of my entire life. It's super weird to think that I came out here when I was 18 and now I am 20. It's so weird to think about all of the things I have learned out here and the way these past 18 months have made me feel. I truly can not deny the power of a strong family. I look at picture of you guys and I can truly feel a sense of strength, I really do.

It has been a really powerful feeling knowing that for the past year and a half is when I have been the most obedient and loyal I have been to the commandants of God. I have truly learned a million life lessons in this mission. I really don't want to talk or tell you all about how much I have learned I want you guys to SEE the changes that I have made in my life. I have had the opportunity to teach this restored Gospel to hundreds of hundreds of people. But honestly I think I am the one who is learning more than the people I teach. It truly is an amazing gospel. I'm happy you guys sent me all of those videos and pictures. I love them so much, hahaha!

Let me explain to all of you about what I did on my birthday!!

The night before my birthday (Saturday) I opened my package because we don't have much time Sunday in the evening. So I stayed up until like 12 reading all of those letters! I loved them all! I think my companion wanted to kill me because a lot of the people who wrote me shared a funny story or memory so I was keeping him awake telling him stories. Hahahaha, it was great. So then we woke up and went to church. I lead the music so that is always fun! I also was offered an opportunity, by my lovely companion to give a talk and so I had to whip out a 10 minute talk out of nowhere, it worked out ok! I like talking because its always a challenge. Then I had to give the Sunday school lesson in the class to the youth, 3 showed up and one of them is an investigator so that was cool. I started talking and teaching about the Book of Mormon and the Bible and the similarities of the writings. It was cool I really, really, really, love teaching about the Book of Mormon. I have definitely studied it more than the bible!

When church finished we went to a members house and she made us a really, really, really, really, good cake from Panama. It's called ¨volteado de piƱa¨ and it was really yummy, so that was fun! We then went and visited a few investigators and a few less actives and we finished the night with a cake and a few eggs to the head. It was a good day, I loved this birthday!

So, basically I love everyone who wrote letters that were put in my birthday package. It was the best thing I have ever read in my life. I loved hearing from so many people that have affected my life and hearing them say that I affected theirs. It goes to show that we are truly here on this earth to love and help. Its been an amazing trip this whole mission thing and I am very grateful for all of those who helped me get out here. The best 18 months of my life and I'm going to finish this mission weaker in my body but stronger in my desire. I love you all have a good week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment