Monday, July 31, 2017

July 24, 2017

Mom..... Life was crazy this last week! Mostly because everyone was really "butthurt" that the US kicked Costa Rica out from the Gold Cup in the states. No one wanted to talk to me, a lot of them know I play/love soccer. I had no idea that we had won, but on the other hand, "WOOOOO HOOOO UNITED STATES!!!!" "USHHHH LOS ESTADOS!!!!!!!"

(Elder Hansgen's answer to Mama Hench's concern for oral hygiene on the mish)
Honestly, Mother I brush my teeth a ton and I too am scared to go to the dentist, but it should be good. My teeth don't hurt or anything and I drink a ton of water, like literally a TON! I floss, well ok, I floss about 2 times a week! I will try to do better, I probably do have cavities but then again, I'm no dentist!

Well, what we have been doing is going to the Branch Presidents house and teaching him from the Manual about how to be a President. My companion was meeting with him while I was teaching the Primary about Prophets. The Branch President got mad at my companion and was asking him why we have we stopped visiting so many people. He said it was our fault that less people are coming to church. My companion looked at him and said, "what is it that you think we do?" The BP said that the missionaries have to find new investigators and keep the members coming. My comp read to him from the manual where it says that the Branch President has to do visits and set the example in every aspect. So, yes that is a good question, "why is there such small amount of people here?" It was the head chopping of the century, so we will see how that goes!

We have a very big blessing to have our agency but honestly I am tired. Being in such a weak branch is really challenging. I believe this been the hardest thing I have done in my mission, not going to lie about that!

I love you all and ! will see you in 3 months! Crazy huh? Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment