Sunday, January 17, 2016

This may have been one of the hardest weeks in my entire life. Im dead serious. I never thought about coming home until this week. I can understand almost everything that is said in a conversation but everyone just laughs when i speak spanish.. It's so frustrating and i live with 3 latinos who don't know English. Everyone says my spanish is a lot better than other gringos but they still take advantage of my lack of speaking. It also bothers me that my companion doesn't really have faith in my ability to speak. My companion and i are both new to this area so it's been hard to remember the streets and what houses are what but it's coming along. Missions are super hard but i like it here a lot. But i want to keep doing this because i think its funny. 

THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ABOUT COSTA RICA IN LESS THAN A WEEK.
There are absolutely no rules when is comes to driving.
People here are just happy to be alive and love every moment on this planet
Pura Vida is the only saying you need to know to get in a house.
If you have 5 kids you need 5 dogs. It's a rule.
It is so hot here and people tell me it's the coldest area so that's sick.

These are the things that i have learned in one week. I hope to learn more. I hope you guys know that i love this Gospel and i am learning more and more about it every single day. I have an English class in a bout 20 minutes so i will end this letter. I love you guys and hope all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment