Monday, September 12, 2016

September 12, 2016

Another miracle... "Ask for them, God wants to give them to you!"

Okay, so we are working SUPER hard here. Because, it is a super hard area. A lot of Catholics that don't have respect for 19 year old kids, they think we´re unintelligent, but it's cool. When they let me talk I just tell them how things go around here. We are working really hard with a family from El Salvador and they are really cool. The Dad just calls me Egghead in Spanish so I guess it might be a form of love from there, who knows, hahaha!
He is really cool, at first he was super closed off to everyone but of course a HANSGEN can break through that! HE LOVES ME! I love him too he really is an amazing guy. So we were teaching the family and they asked us when we were going to baptize the daughter. All this time we had thought she had been registered so that would have been a ward baptism. So we had a really crazy fast baptism for the daughter.
This family wants to move to California and they have started the process, we are hoping for a miracle to get the rest of the family baptized. The way the last few weeks have gone we believe in miracles so it should all work out.

Now lets get real! If I were to look into the eyes of each one of the people who are reading this letter I only want to say one thing, "IF YOU DON´T LOVE THE GOSPEL, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!" It is plain and simple. Fa,ily, friends and random people please know that I am tired. I walk around 9-10 hours a day and people slam the door in my face more times than any of us could count. IT IS HARD! Yet, this is the happiest and most lovable i have been. Why? Because I am understanding the Gospel. I love it because I am comprehending it. It's plain and simple, it really is. MANY, MANY, MANY, people have told me that they just feel tired because of the SIN or because of SATAN. They say that because they have been a member there whole life and they don't see the point any more. I UNDERSTAND YOU, I do. Even Jesus Christ asked for the burden of sin to be lifted from His Shoulders. But He said something very, very, important in the next sentence. He said, "nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." He understood the Gospel, He had the sins of the entire world over His head and He still kept going. He fasted 40 days and 40 nights with Satan himself telling him He could eat. He suffered because He understood. God doesn't want this to be easy for us. It's like when you tryout for any sports team. The coaches have you do the hardest stuff the first day so they can see if you really want it. Then the second day it is a little bit easier. But that doesn't mean you've finished.
Guys I have been out on this mission for almost 10 months. My goal is to baptize. But before someone gets baptized, they should UNDERSTAND what it is they´re doing. So I have one more thing to say, "Understand this Gospel." If you don´t, study more! You really do need it! You see a lot of the pictures that I have sent of us doing fun things, not because I am wasting time. But because I am understanding the Gospel. This a Gospel of love and happiness. I am understanding and finding happiness in the Gospel. WE are understanding it so we love it! I want you guys to love it too. Obviously, I am here to change peoples religion but I want them to love it too. It is impossible to love someone or something if you don't understand it or them. I love you all, I really do. The mission is hard, I see Satan working and I see his success. Everybody just needs to keep going! That's all I can tell you really! I don't mean to sound like I understand everything I am just working on it and I can already see the difference! I'm grateful for the prayers, it's a miracle i wake up everyday. I am grateful for the miracles that I had before the mission. I dont mean i understand everything im just working on it and i can already see the difference!

Today for our P-day we went to a Waterfall and that was probably the hardest hike of my entire life. I walked around with a machete, the tour guide only trusted me with it so I had to hack a path every once in a while. It sucked being the guinea pig, hahaha. It was really beautiful, I have seen a part of this world that most haven't. So I'll share a few pics so you can see too. I couldn't help but think about the portion of verse 9 in Mosiah 4, " Believe in God; believe that He is, and that He created all things, both in heaven and in earth..." I love the world and all of God's creations!


No comments:

Post a Comment