Wednesday, September 28, 2016

September 19, 2016

10 months down. Not much has changed.

Yeah so, I have been doing this whole mission thing for about 10 months now, but nothing really has changed...I have been a leader in the mission for about 4 months but nothing changed. This is the 3rd month that I have been training a new missionary and nope, nothing has really changed. I have the same worries and I have the same fears. I have the same joy and I have the same love. Life really is great! Obviously, I am growing into a man and I honestly feel that you guys wouldn't recognize me if I came home now. But I still am Samson (Elder) Hansgen. I worry about my family, I worry about my friends. I worry about having success in the mission. I can honestly say that I am growing and becoming a new and improved version of Samson Hansgen everyday. Obviously things change and I'm not like who I used to be but there are some things I just don't want to change about me. Here is a list of things I will not change about me and I think God will be okay with them.

1- The love I have for my family. We may fight and argue more than necessary, but I love them all to death. I love and pray for them everyday. I love telling people about them and my comps probably get super annoyed but I will not stop. My mom literally knows me perfectly and if you don't believe me, you should see and feel the joy I feel when she sends me a package. Its incredible and I want you all to know that. My Dad is literally my best friend and I love that about him. He tells it how it is and you see the honesty in his eyes! My sister is the greatest thing in my life because she forced me to be myself. She has put the example of pure happiness in my life and i love her for that! Ely Ancil Freakin Hansgen...the hard one of the fam bam. I love you so much! (please imagine me talking to you face to face). You are strong, you are my brother and I love you for that. Who knows why you chose me to be brothers with in the pre-existence but I am glad you did. You are a book of lessons and you always help me understand things much better. I know you were a great missionary and will be an even better father. I love you family!

2- My love for sports. Sports has been apart of my life for as long as I can remember and I have learned many life lessons through them. I am grateful to have met some of the most amazing people through that part of my life.

3- I truly love my friends.. They're weird and they are different and that is why I love them. Only Walker can act like an idiot the entire time, say the dumbest things and still be the best looking at a party! I love that about him. Only Andrew Peterson can pick up a girl by being a nerd and I love that about him too! Alec Erickson is easily the weirdest person I have ever met in my life. Anyone who knows him doesn't need an explanation for that, but you will never meet a more loyal, trustworthy, friend in this world and that is a promise. Xander Summers has been there through the thick and the thin and for that I will always be grateful. Then last but not least, Braydon Cutak, he is the strongest person I have ever met and he still manages to pull through. He knows what he wants and he stands firm enough to not be moved. He has a strong testimony and I know he will change lives of many.

4- My life. I love who I am. I have been weak and yeah I have been strong. I will not change what I know for anyone. I grew up in this Gospel but I still enjoyed my time exploring the world. I have never been the person to wonder about things. I have wanted to learn for myself and I have explored many paths and found many dead ends. I will always be grateful for what I have done in my life. I am grateful for my adventurous attitude and I am grateful for all the hard trials I have passed through for that same attitude. I love my life because I know its from God. I know I am the way I am because God wanted me to be this way.

As I thought about what I needed to say in this email I got lost and restarted a few times because it just didn't feel right. So I decided to be myself and write from the heart. I love it here, but I love it there too(Utah). I love who I am and I love what I have been through. I love everyone who reads this blog because I feel the prayers. I love all and I hope you understand the pictures. Have a good week and start loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment