Sunday, October 23, 2016

October 10, 2016

MAN THIS WEEK HAS BEEN HARD! But it was also incredible. This week we just went out into the middle of our area without any plans or appointments. WE WERE SEARCHING! We met a lot of cool people, and tried hard to set a lot of dates/appointments for lesson and some of them worked out. We were promised by so many people that they were going to show up to church and then they didn't. I know for a fact that I am feeling it more than my companion because he still walks around in my shadow so that was not fun, its okay though. So you all know that last week was Fast Sunday and so we were fasting to have those people come to church and they didn't so I obviously got a little upset. Honestly, we have had such a hard time getting people to follow through.
So Sunday I just kind of said "screw it" I need to be happy and I want to visit the people who make me happy. I am not going to lie, I got selfish. We went and visited our investigators from El Salvador. We hadn't been with them in a while and I missed being with them so we went. I love this guy, HE IS AWESOME! He reminds me a lot of Dad and it makes me like him even more. So we started discussing things just like any other lesson. We were making sure that he was reading and praying so that he was still on track. Turns out, HE HAS BEEN READING FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT! It made me super duper happy to hear that, I loved it. We started talking about other things and he started telling me how much he doesn´t want me to have changes and he doesn´t was me to leave. He told me that I am the first Elder that actually tried. "Most others just look at me and say that I am a closed person so they don´t try but you actually have helped me understand the importance of this Gospel and why I need it in my life." He said "I wont ever forget the 2 gringos that always came to my house even when I didn´t want them to." It was funny but I just realized the happiness that I felt when I was with them and I realized that love really is the most important thing in this work. I love that family and because I love them I kept wanting to go back. Now we always do activities with the family and we always have a good time with them. I just realized something that is something that President Hayes told me. We are here to establish Zion. With members, investigators and other people as well. We are making memories here that will make people want to stay. I loved it. I love the fact that God blessed me with a big heart because I honestly can feel love for people that I just met. It has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I think back on all the problems I had with my brother and how hard it was for me to forgive him but recognizing the love in this world made it so much easier. I really do love this work and I love the opportunity I have to learn every single day.

So President Hayes gave me a little scare the other day. He came to my District Meeting and he did interviews so it was kind of fun. But in my interview all he talked to me about was being a leader in the mission and that he is counting on my to be a leader in every aspect.. So he kind of has me stressed of whats going to happen next but it should be good. I learned something in that. I never wanted to be district leader I never wanted a ton of responsibility like that. But it doesn't matter. Hermana Zerilli told me one day that I can´t "deny the potential that God has for me" so whatever happens to me in this next few years I know that God will make me who He wants me to be and I will be doing His will. This is helping me to recognize this in my personal life as well.
I love all of you and hope you're all doing well! Have a good week and realize the potential that God has for you.
LES AMO:
Con CariƱo
Elder Hansgen

No comments:

Post a Comment