Sunday, December 18, 2016

December 12, 2016

Apologizing in advance, I opened a few boxes from the Christmas package. BUT IT IS TO GIVE GIFTS AWAY! I DIDN'T HAVE ANY BOXES TO USE AND SO I USED THE ONES FROM THE CHRISTMAS PACKAGE. I apologize but it was a necessary sacrifice.

So I don't really have much to say other than I love this time of year. I have always loved the Christmas season. I'm sorry but the most important part of this time of the year is when I feel my families love for me the most. I remember all of the traditions that we have done over the years and I kinda want to talk/brag about how they taught me how to be a member of this gospel and Latter day Saint.

First on the list is The Nativity we acted out with the family members who I barely knew and saw every few years. I know Uncle Randy and Aunt Barb were there but not sure the names of the others, sorry! WE also did the Nativity at the Collard Christmas parties and what I remember most was that we were a pretty crazy bunch and were having a lot of fun with games and such but when it came time to act out the Nativity that's when we all got quiet and paid attention. I learned a lot from this situation, I learned that it is easy to get caught up in the mix of things and that there is a time and place for everything but when someone starts talking about our Lord, we need to pay attention. I learned that it is a blessing to even be in the presence of someone that is talking about Him. Please remember Him during this time of year. I beg you!

Second, setting up the tree!!! WHAT A FREAKIN' CHORE THAT WAS. I miss doing that so much, hahaha! i loved all of the arguments that occurred during that process. I learned that we need to have goals, I really did. Some people might read this and think how the heck did this gringo learn how to set goals during Christmas time??? I realized one thing, We would argue the entire time but we would all still work until all of the decorations were up. We understood subconsciously that we needed to get something done and so all of us had to suffer to finish what we had planned. Its a blessing to work with goals and we can see completed.

I remember every Christmas day I had to go downstairs and with my sister Stevie, wake up my brother Ely. He never wanted to get up early to open presents, maybe because he knew I am the favorite and his presents won´t be half as good as mine, HAHAHA! In the many years going down the stairs I learned a lot. Maybe this is weird, but I learned a lot about charity. Charity is the pure love of Christ, yeah we know. I have given and shown my brother charity. I have gained an eternal love for my brother, Ely Ancil Hansgen. I cant go a single day without thinking about him or sharing a story about him. THE ABSOLUTE BIGGEST BLESSING I have been given is the change I had in my life to be able to accept the love FROM my Brother. I gained a new testimony and experience through Christ-like loving my brother and I promise you all its not something that is going to change. I will love my brother for the rest of my life. I promise!

So when people ask me what Christmas means to me I tell them it means family. I couldn't do this whole mission thing without my family and I tell everyone that. The first opportunity I have to teach the gospel, I teach about family to teach is about the family. I would not be here if it weren´t for the sacrifices of my parents. I wouldn´t be here if it weren´t for my sister teaching me how to be a good, respectful priesthood holder. I wouldn´t be here if it weren´t for my brother who placed the example of missionary service before me. My family is not perfect but they're perfect for me. I love you all and I will talk to you on CHRISTMAS DAY:)
I will inform you with the time on a further date. I love all of you!

That's Christmas to me- Pentatonix

The fireplace is burning bright, shining along me
I see the presents underneath the good old Christmas tree
And I wait all night 'til Santa comes to wake me from my dreams
Oh, why? 'Cause that's Christmas to me
I see the children play outside, like angels in the snow
While mom and daddy share a kiss under the mistletoe
And we'll cherish all these simple things wherever we may be
Oh, why? 'Cause that's Christmas to me
I've got this Christmas song in my heart
I've got the candles glowing in the dark
I'm hanging all the stockings by the Christmas tree
Oh, why? 'Cause that's Christmas to me
Oh, why? 'Cause that's Christmas to me
I listen for the thud of reindeer walking on the roof
As I fall asleep to lullabies, the morning's coming soon
The only gift I'll ever need is the joy of family
Oh, why? 'Cause that's Christmas to me
I've got this Christmas song in my heart (song in my heart)
I've got the candles glowing in the dark
I'm hanging all the stockings by the Christmas tree
Oh, why? 'Cause that's Christmas to me
Oh, why? 'Cause that's Christmas to me
Oh, the joy that fills our hearts and makes us see
Oh, why? Cause that's Christmas to me
I've got this Christmas song in my heart
I've got the candles glowing in the dark
And then for years to come we'll always know one thing
That's the love that Christmas can bring
Oh, why? 'Cause that's Christmas to me

No comments:

Post a Comment