Monday, January 23, 2017

January 16, 2017

Dios es su amoroso Padrew Celestial! God is our loving Heavenly Father.

A testimony of this has been something I have desired for a long time. I felt like I had a testimony of this and the gospel of Jesus Christ, but I didn't know how to live my testimony. I believed the Book of Mormon was true but I didn't live like I was sure. Its been a bummer to think about how much knowledge I would have if I would have always been studying. I have had the opportunity to be with many companions who have very logical testimonies, meaning that they believe what they have studied and the scriptures make perfect sense to them. Very matter of fact about the gospel. I have always been blessed with the ability to feel deeply. When I read the Book of Mormon I feel it deeply. When I bless or pass the sacrament I feel deeply. Its such a huge blessing. So my companions have taught me to learn the logistics of this church and I have been able to teach them to feel the depth of this gospel. Its truly perfect the way God has set up my mission.

Last change, La Paz struggled with confirmations and it really made me sad. President Hayes felt pretty bad too because it has always been a successful zone. So he is changing things, he said he realized that his leaders were baptizing but few other companionship's were having the success that we look for. So he is dropping a lot of Zone Leaders to normal companionship to help teach them how to baptize. It's a good plan, its cool. I have anew companion, Elder Hernandez, from Guatemala. Elder Shumway and I are in the same ward again. He is going home in 3 months so that is really weird too. When I met him he had 8 months in the mission and know he has 21, its crazy how fast time goes by. I love the mission and I love the perfection of my Father in Heaven. I am very grateful for how perfect He has made the mission of an inperfect servant.

Good news (but no pic) Alejandro and Yessenia, a family from Nicaragua , that I love very much. (They are the parents of the "critter" I sent you guys a few weeks ago). We met them about 2 weeks into December and they wanted to get baptized. They said "well if we need to get married lets do it the fastest we can." So we set everything up and now they are married. It really is incredible how the Lord is preparing people to be baptized. I love it! Now they always invite their friends and family to church and we have the opportunity to teach more. I love it. I love you all and hope you have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment